AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 5:33:00 PM ----- BODY:
I received an interesting call from my mother-in-law in New Zealand. A couple of years ago I crocheted a throw for my in-laws using yarn from Colinette's Absolutely Fabulous Throw Kit. My mom-in-law loved it! She is a master knitter but admits to being a bit intimidated by crochet; so was very impressed with my crocheting prowess. Also, she had never encountered such unique and beautiful yarns. Anyway, my in-laws are moving to Australia and are selling off some of their collectables (china, table linens, tea spoons, etc.). My mother-in-law called me the other night to say they had an aquaintance over who owns and runs an antique shop and boutique who was interested in purchasing some of her items for resale . The shop owner saw the throw and was amazed by the color and composition. She said she could sell quality throws like this in her shop and wants me to give her a price to see if we could work out a deal. We shall see... I definitely have lots of unique yarns in my stash, probably enough to make 20 throws, but I don't know if it is cost effective. Something to mull over... I am ready to begin the striping pattern for the front of the purple baby sweater (green stripes). My husband just got back from the video rental store with four movies, so I will probably get quite a bit of knitting done this weekend. I also feel the need to rummage in my stash. I'm sure many of you can relate - to feel the various textures and marvel at the colors - MY NAME IS MARIE AND I AM A YARN ADDICT -sometimes we just need our fiber fix.
--------