DATE: 5:39:00 PM
My washing machine broke down a few months ago, so I put away a purse I had knitted, which was slated for felting. Last night I was rummaging in my stash and found the purse. So I fired up the washing machine and felted that baby.
The purse is knitted in Anartica, a wonderful bulky wool, and handpainted by Dannette Taylor Designs in her Violets colorway (a beautiful mix of lilac, tangerine, apple green, and sunny yellow). I only had 66 yards, so I made up a pattern for a cute little handbag, approximately 5"x8" post-felting (not including the handle). I'm still on the lookout for the perfect button to use for the closure. You'll have to wait until I finish my roll of film before I can post any pictures - like I said, I'm digitally challenged.
I have 66 yards of this yarn in another colorway, unfortunately (and stupidly) I didn't write down the pattern. So it's back to the drawing board. Hopefully, I can reproduce it.
In other knitting news, I am nearly done with the first baby vest. I am currently finishing the armhole and neckline edging and the button bands. So far so good. Taking a break from Sprout.