AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 6:23:00 PM ----- BODY:
Here is a photo of a scarf knitted out of Colinette's Fandango (cotton chenille) and Mohair yarns in fun fiery colors. I knitted this up a couple of months ago and am still deliberating if I should give it as a gift or keep it for myself. Fiery Scarf.bmp After going around and around about what to do for my high school buddy's baby girls (frogging several sweaters and nearly finishing one, but not happy with the outcome, considering doing the crochet thing, etc.), I have finally finished one knitted hat and am nearly done with the second. I am using some beautiful wool yarn (Periwinkle) handpainted by Maryanne Miller. Here is a picture of it. If I get some uninterupted knitting time in tonight, I should finish the second hat. Then I will try my hand at pom-poms to attach to the top of the hats. I also finished another buttonhole scarf out of the fabulous Tahki Diva yarn and will start on the matching hat after I finish the pom-poms. Husband and friend Dan have made some progress on the front landscaping, but it is not readily apparent (laying the groundwork-so they say). Anyway, since next weekend is 4th of July holiday, they will get two straight days to work on it and hopefully I will see a difference. Work has been extremely stressful - nearly walked out today, "F--- this job!" - and that is totally not me. Deep breath, good cry... I need to go home.
--------