AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 10:40:00 AM ----- BODY:
I’m melting! I’m melting! (Said in a high, quavery, witchy voice.) It has not only been hot (104 F +) but humid too with no Delta breezes to speak of. We have been taking our evening walks at 11:00 at night just to cool off (at 85 F)! Not being one of the privileged to have A/C in our home, the fans just don’t cut it. I went home last night to continue the ChicKami only to discover my K1, P1 ribbing turned into a seed stitch (Marie, you are so lame!). So rip, rip, rip. This time the cast on and two rows went much faster (did I cast on too tightly the first time - ya think?); it only took me an hour and a half. I’m about 8 rows from finishing the base of the “Sunset Tote.” Hopefully, I’ll get that finished sometime today then I can pick up stitches to begin the journey up the sides of the bag. Here is a photo of a seed stitch scarf I knitted out of chunky Labrador thick/thin yarn paired with Crystal Palace Fizz. The yarn was hand dyed by Danette Taylor. I call it my Caterpillar Scarf ‘cause it’s kind of fuzzy looking with the Fizz yarn.
--------