AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 12:37:00 PM ----- BODY:
Last night I swung by the LYS to pick up alternative yarn for the ChicKami. Then I went home and commenced casting on - 240 stitches - enough to encircle my big bod. It took me two hours to cast on and knit one round! I keep reading on other people’s blogs how they keep churning out tank after tank. Of course my knitting buddy at work pointed out that most of those tanks are tiny tanks, not circus tent tanks like mine. I love chunky wool yarns and big needles and the ChicKami happens to be just the opposite; knit on size 3 and 6 needles with cotton that splits with every stitch. Am I setting myself up for failure? Will I succeed in my quest to make a knit-wear item for myself? Stay tuned... I’m about halfway through the bottom panel of the tote and will soon pick up stitches around in order to begin knitting up the sides. I am loving this Noro Kureyon yarn. The wool is self-striping and the colors are fabulous - kind of like a sunset. I finally received my copy of Life of Pi, the book chosen for the Knit Bloggers Reading Group. We have one more week before virtual discussions begin. I am currently on Chapter 10. While the book is interesting, it hasn’t “grabbed” me yet. I am really on the edge emotionally right now. Work is really overwhelming and the marriage is rather tumultuous. I am back here in my cubicle hyperventilating hoping I don’t pass out. Knitting and reading seem to be my only escape right now. However, knitting and reading on a tropical beach with a margarita nearby would be most welcome. Dream on...
--------