AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 5:53:00 PM ----- BODY:
Well the weekend is over and I am suffering from some non-specific yucky-ness. Came to work for about three hours and had to go home for an extended lunch, most of which was spent in my bathroom, and then in bed for a nap filled with weird dreams. As I mentioned in my previous post, my brother’s kids were visiting for the week. It was a week of driving here and there, living on fast food, and having absolutely no time to myself - and still going into work. I actually took Thursday afternoon off to take the kids to Waterworld where I fell asleep under a tree. Niece and nephew left Friday and actually took daughter with them back to Oregon. Son had to stay home because he is still in summer school, but will be flying up later this summer for a week (for which we will give my brother and his family plenty of notice). I spent most of my weekend organizing my stash and having a “Six Feet Under” season three marathon. My yarn corner was so unorganized that it was ready to topple over at the slightest provocation. So out with the ball winder (I also finally broke down and bought a yarn swift) and began winding about five miles worth of yarn - and I’m still not done. I have to admit I am a fibre addict and buy yarn compulsively. Once the winding is complete, the fun begins. I want to knit two or three throws to send down to my mother-in-law’s friend to sell in her boutique - and I have lots of fabulous yarn to mix and match. I just got the cotton yarn for knitting the ChicKami and I hate it! I suppose I may have some cotton in my stash, but I doubt it as 95% of my stash is wool. So I may just have to swing by the LYS on my way home. In other knitting news, I am about half way done wiith a scarf that matches a hat I made a couple of months ago out of Woolease and Dune. However, I ran out of the Dune (curses). Another trip to the yarn store my be in order. I also have begun knitting a tote out of Noro wool - to be felted of course.