AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 5:40:00 PM ----- BODY:
The body of the Sunset Tote is finished and felted! Pre-felted, this thing was the size of a mid-sized dog. The tote took nine balls of Noro Kureyon with one ball reserved for the I-Cord, on which I am still working. I really felted this baby and it turned out to be the size of a large purse or smallish tote, the fabric being very thick and sturdy. I'm hoping to have my Mom sew a lining with zippered pockets, as my sewing skills have a lot to be desired. I also want to see if I can install grommets through which the handle will slide. I've seen some beautiful Kureyon felted bags showing up on the knitting ring. Although, this was not an "official" felt-a-long, I believe Julie over at Booga J will be setting up a gallery on her site. I knitted my tote in colorway #102; reminiscent of an Arizona sunset, hence the name, Sunset Tote. Kureyon Color Card.jpg Once I finish the I-Cord, it's back to the ChicKami. My new goal for ChicKami is to have it finished by next weekend, just in time for my VACATION! Needed: ideas for vacation knitting...
--------