AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 3:01:00 PM ----- BODY:
The Sunset Tote I absolutely love my Sunset Tote! The grommet installation went perfectly. However (there’s always a however), I’m not happy with the I-cord handle. It turned out rather funky from the felting process. Apparently the cord got twisted into several knots and the width of the cord is not consistent and it’s kind of flat. But since I do not have any more yarn, this handle will have to do. Swap Alert! If anyone has a ball of Noro Kureyon Color #102 laying around, I would love to swap. I have a vast yarn stash, from Colinette to Trendsetter to Crystal Palace - you want it, I just might have it. Just put a note in the Comments and I will get in touch with you. Family Craft Project I had to chuckle when I read Amber’s critique of “Family Togetherness with Plastic Canvas.” While plastic canvas is one of the tackiest of crafting disciplines out there (sorry Aunt Elsie) I believe that family crafting can promote togetherness, develop skills, and encourage creativity in our kids. (At least until they get “teen-agery” and say, “That’s stupid mom.”) With that in mind, I decided our family craft project during vacation week would be dyeing yarn with Kool Aid. So yesterday I downloaded everything I could find on Kool Aid dyeing then went out to purchase some 100% wool, about 50 packets of various Kool Aid flavors, and some disposable plastic containers. We are going to attempt the microwave method. My daughter is very excited and husband and son are showing some interest too. Of course daughter wanted to begin dyeing right away, but I had to temper her zeal and compromised by showing her how to knit (again). In the past when I have attempted teaching her, she lost interest. But last night was the night...my daughter knitted! She worked about 20 rows on a 15-stitch scarf and did a great job. Daughter is already making plans for all the scarves and hats she’s going to make with the hand-dyed yarns. Vacation Knitting For my vacation knitting this year, I have decided to explore the sock knitting realm. I have some Twinkle Toes fingering weight wool yarn for this journey. If anyone out there could recommend a good “novice” sock pattern, it would be much appreciated. Progress and Sunset Tote pictures soon to come...
--------