AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 4:16:00 PM ----- BODY:
I discovered this site, via Pickle Juice, while clicking around the knit blogs. It brings up a list of US states, plus DC and you check the states you’ve visited. As you can see from my map, I’ve got the West/Southwest pretty much locked up. About every two or three years during the summer months, my Dad would load me, my mom and the dog in the car and make the pilgrimage either to Wyoming, or Oklahoma (sometimes both), from whence my parents migrated. I can remember long stretches of highway, the smell of spilled coffee, the blare of the radio giving the baseball play by play, visiting elderly aunts, eating Uncle Sunny’s elk steaks and spitting out the buck shot. I didn’t include Illinois or Louisiana, although I suppose you could say I was technically there. I accompanied my parent on a business trip to Chicago when I was about 3. Evidently, I went to the movie theater and slept through Doctor Zivago. Oh yeah, I also had a stopover at O’Hare on my way back from Pennsylvania. I also visited New Orleans with my parents when I was about 5 or 6. Growing up in San Francisco, I was lucky if I visited, let alone swam in, a swimming pool once per year. I can remember this was the first time I had ever seen people swimming at night! I spent three months in Pennsylvania when I worked for FEMA. I was there from January to March and it was quite a shock to this California gal. I remember the first morning I saw snow falling, I showed up at breakfast and was gushing about how magical the snowfall was. The locals could only smirk behind their menus. I suppose you could say I’ve been to New Jersey. While sightseeing in Philadelphia, I took a wrong turn and ended up on the other side of the river. Eh, that doesn’t count. I would love to add New York, Alaska, and Washington DC to the list.
create your own visited states map or check out these Google Hacks.
--------