AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 5:09:00 PM ----- BODY:
Foiled! Rosedale had been taking shape steadily with no real obstacles – that is until the collar. Because I chose not to knit the corrugated ribbing, the collar would be a straight K2, P1 rib – easy right? Not! For some reason I just can’t seem to make the increases work. I suppose with the corrugated ribbing the changes in color would help in visualizing where to knit and where to purl. In total frustration I emailed Erica over at Smiling Tiger, who also knitted a gorgeous Rosedale out of Silk Garden, for some words of wisdom. She responded with: “…if you follow the instructions exactly, it will come out with that lovely v-stripiness in the picture. (It should work that way for plain ribbing as it does for corrugated.) I did have to rip the collar back once and rethink the whole thing, myself. So I guess my words of wisdom would just be - follow the instructions word for word, even if they don't look like they're going to work out. And good luck!” So that’s what I did, follow the pattern increases word for word. And it still didn’t look right. Of course I have been stewing over this predicament and have come to the conclusion that my problem may lie in each following row and working back across the increases. See in the pattern, Amy gives instructions for rows 1, 3, 5, 7, etc. leaving the even rows to be knit (I’m assuming) in pattern. Unfortunately, my old brain can’t seem to wrap itself around this concept. So, I’ve sent an SOS off to the Indigirl herself in hopes she can set me straight. Now to go frog my third collar attempt…
--------