AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 4:52:00 PM ----- BODY:
Obsession is my middle name! Rosedale is half-way done and it's only been a week. I haven't been this excited about a project in a long, long time. Being a fairly slow knitter, plodding along on projects at a snail's pace, I can only attribute the quick formation of this garment to obsessive/compulsive knitting. Here's the progress so far. And here's a close up of the intarsia rectangle. Both Rachael and Erica asked in my comments, what Noro Silk Garden colorway I was using. It is #50. A beautiful blend of pink/fuschia/brown, blue/turquois/green, and yellow/mustard. Who would have thought - but it works!!! And I got a comment from the Indigirl herself - Amy, the creative genius behind this wonderful pattern. Amy suggested that if my dpns didn't arrive in time, I could always do a provisional cast on for the sleeves, and then knit them down to the cuffs. Thanks for the tip Amy; however, I didn't read your comment until I finished the first sleeve. I acutally ended up knitting the ribbing flat, then joining in the round and continuing up the sleeve. I will seam the ribbing closed when finishing. Ally wants me to make a matching doggie coat.
--------