AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 11:00:00 AM ----- BODY:
Aw shucks! Thank you all so much for your kind comments on Marilyn. I really, really appreciate it. Marta Here is the progress on Marta. It looks a bit like the Statue of Liberty's head piece, don't you think? Anyway, I have made an executive decision. I am going to put Marta in the UFO pile (gasp!). Settle down now, I'm not giving her up, I'm just postponing the creation until Fall. You see, this pattern has long sleeves and knit with wool, and frankly it's getting just too hot. So I'm trading one White Lies Design for another. I've gone ahead and joined the Shapely Tank Knit-along. I still haven't decided if I will knit the Shapely Tank.jpg or the Shapely Tee.jpg. Fortunately, I have miles of stocking stitch and short rows before I have to make up my mind. Here is my Shapely Swatch. I am knitting it out of some absolutely gorgeous handpainted Egyptian Cashmere Cotton in the Petunias colorway from the Textile Design Art ebay store. Ok, now I'm confused. I really freaked out when I saw the size needle required for the Shapely Tee/Tank was a size 6. Following my usual modus operandi, I would go down two needle sizes (size 4's! No, say it's not true!). But as fate would have it, I didn't have any needles smaller than a 6. However, I was so anxious to see this lovely yarn worked up, that I swatched with the 6's anyway. And wouldn't you know it - I was spot on gauge. What the...? Maybe some of you veteran knitters can enlighten me. Do you think that cotton yarn would make such a difference to my knitting gauge? Or knitting with small (for me) needles would make a difference? So now I have the pattern in one hand and Bonne Marie's short row tutorial in the other and I'm going to tackle short rows - Woo Hoo! From the Ally archives...
--------