AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 8:36:00 PM ----- BODY:
The Name That Monster contest has a winner! Melissa of Hyvetyrant Knits was the first with the correct answer. Congratulations Melissa! Here are some of the guesses I received: An Ewok. Aaaww. I don't think that my crazed creature could ever be mistaken for an Ewok. The Abominable Snowman. Maybe prior to his trip to the dentist - but no. Or the monster from The Woman Eater. Uh, I don't think so. How about Martia from Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country. While beautiful and exotic, my monster is not even on the same playing field; however they do have certain abilities in common. Then we have The Yarn Yeti (photo not available; she's rather shy). While The Yarn Yeti is renown for fiercely protecting yarn stashes throughout the world, my monster has only been known to growl whenever my husband comes too close to my stash. But the true answer to my Name That Monster contest was the Salt Monster (or Salt Vampire) from original Star Trek series. Striking resemblance don't you think? So what is Melissa getting for her self-admitted google prowess? This! That my friends is one ball each of Perriwinkle wool and loopy mohair/wool/nylon both hand painted by Lotus Blossom; one ball of GGH Fee; and one ball of Colinette's Skye wool. I think this 4-set would make this really cute hat; but Melissa is free to use the yarn in any way she feels like. Knit on!
--------