DATE: 12:25:00 PM
Special of the Day
Thanks to all who submitted menu items for the Della Street Café Contest!
Rebecca came up with some wonderful plays on the names of the actors and characters from the series:
- The Raymond Burr-ito
- The Ray "Tom" Collins (special drink of the house)
- The William Talman-wich Sloppy Joe
- The Connie Cezon Salad
- The Sergeant Brice Cream Sundae
Pamela offered a bit of European flair with her:
Lisa in Oregon had a great time coming up with dishes taken from the series episodes:
- The Fugitive Fraulien Fries— fries with chili, cheese, and sauerkraut (based on Episode 253)
- The Larcenous Ladyfinger Trifle (based on Episode 107)
- The Sausalito Sunrise Omelet (based on Episode 260)
- The Torrid Tapestry Tarts (based on Episode 118)
- The Golden Orange Cheesecake—with a grand marinade sauce (based on Episode 173)
- The Greek Goddess Wraps (based on Episode 178)
But my favorite submission from Rebecca and the winner of the Della Street Café Contest is:
The Barbara Hale ‘n’ Hearty Chicken Soup
Rebecca will be receiving some yarny goodness from the Embarrassingly Large Yarn Stash, of which I will post about once the selection has been made.
You guys are Raymond Burr-illiant!