DATE: 5:50:00 PM
Hey There Secret Pal!
According to our Fearless Leader's newsy email, you need to know a little about me. I'm sure you can glean a wealth of information from my archives, but here are a few more tidbits.
1. Are you a yarn snob? Unfortunately for my pocketbook, YES! I have a fetish for Colinette, I love unusual novelty yarns, love Manos Del Uruguay, love Noro, Lamb's Pride for felting, handpainted fibers (Katsara, Danette Taylor,Lotusblossom Serendipity in So. America). Prefer wool to cotton. Acrylic OK if it comes in the form of the aformentioned novelty yarn.
2. Do you spin? Crochet? No spinning, except perhaps in a mountain field of wildflowers at midnight under a full moon. Crochet-YES!
3. Do you have any allergies? (smoke, pets, fibers, perfume, etc.) I am sensitive to perfumes and am unable to wear any except Musk. I can handle scented lotions as long as they are not too overpowering. No other allergies, other than seasonal, that I know of.
4. How long have you been knitting? During my honeymoon 19 years ago, my mother-in-law taught me the craft. I made one vest and then put down the knitting needles for about 17 years. I took up crocheting again about five years ago and then about two years ago, I decided to give knitting a try again. Bee to honey, I tell you - I love knitting and really haven't seriously looked at a crochet hook since (although I am finding myself drawn to some crochet recently). But knitting is really my craft of choice.
5. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list? No, not yet - should I?
6. What's your favorite scent? (for candles, bath products etc.) I love Partylite candles. Some of my favorite scents are Honeydew, Pear, Cinnamon, and Vanilla. Bath & Body Works is a favorite too. I love their Plumeria scent and their citrus scents too.
7. Do you have a sweet tooth? Not really, but Shari's Berries are always a treat.
8. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Crochet, I've done scrapbooking in the past too. I've delved in beading a bit and would like to get more involved in that. I also collect 1930's Metlox Pottery (similar to Fiesta Ware). With enough time and money, I would love to redectorate my home with quality materials.
9. What kind of music do you like? I like all kinds from Classical (not the intense stuff) to Gershwin. I love classic jazz vocals like Ella Fitzgerald , and instrumental jazz- not "smooth" jazz (it puts me asleep), but not the intense "progressive" jazz either. I like alternative rock and the Blues baby. I'm a child of the 70's and 80's so classics from both those eras are enjoyed too.
10. What's your favorite color? Or--do you have a color family/season/palette you prefer? I love autumnal colors - reds, browns, burgundies, oranges, greens - deep and rich. Oh, and I like purple - jewel tones.
11. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets? I am married (19 years), have two kids (son 13 years, daughter 12 years), one dog (Ally), one cat (Tasha), one rabbit (Molly), one hamster (Ron), and three lizards (Geiko, Kammie, and Kevin).
12. What are your life dreams? I may have to get back to you on that. I've been working on 100 things I want to do before I die...