AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: DATE: 5:53:00 PM ----- BODY:
The Wedding - Part 2 Once the ceremony was over, the guests were led to a patio area for drinks and appetizers and then they proceeded on to the pavilion for an elegant sit-down dinner. My niece is half Lebanese (my brother-in-law is from Beirut but has been in the US since the mid-1970's) and she wanted to showcase her Middle Eastern/Mediterranean heritage through the decor, food and music. The tables were draped in rich silks and satins with ornate candlelabras decorated with clusters of (real) grapes. The dinner featured Middle Eastern/ Mediterranean cuisine including Humus, Tabooli, chicken and beef kabobs, Lebanese salad, and wild rice. Here is a photo of the head table. And the cake table. It was certainly a night to remember. We danced the night away and the bridal couple finally left at midnight in a vintage limousine. Here is a photo of my sister (the mother of the bride), Knitti-ME, and my sister-in-law (oldest brother's wife), my sister's two beautiful daughters, and the father-daughter dance. It was truly a storybook wedding. Tomorrow - The Wedding: Behind the Scenes...
--------