AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: Knit Bloggers Rock! DATE: 7:07:00 PM ----- BODY:
Saturday I had the pleasure of spending the day with the wonderful Lisa from Oregon! We met at her hotel and were able to knit a couple of rows and chat. It's amazing how the knit blog world brings so many together. When I walked into the lobby and saw Lisa, it was like meeting an old friend. Lisa was down here with some of the members of her belly dancing troupe; they were on a pilgrimage to the Rakkasah Festival. Lisa explains it this way, "Rakkasah is to belly dancers as Rhinebeck is to knitters." And she invited me to tag along! What a fabulous experience. I never realized there is a whole sub-culture of belly dancing enthusiasts (well, I guess the average Joe doesn't realize there's a whole underworld of knit bloggers either). The festival was fabulous! I have never seen so much beading and sequins in one place. The costumes and jewelry were amazing. After browsing a bit, we sat and watched live performances of dancers and musicians from all over the world. Belly dancing embraces all shapes and sizes. Like Lisa said, you don't see a 200 pound ballerina, but you can see some lovely "fluffy" women making visual poetry through dance. Thank you Lisa for introducing me to this art form. ~~~ Ribby Cardi: Well, she be in pieces waiting for a seaming party. Here she is at the blocking party we had last week. ~~~ From the Ally Archives, or should I say Scruffy Archives. ~~~ I have to make a whirlwind trip to Wyoming due to the death of my Uncle (boy, I wish I had finished Ribby Cardi - it's still winter in WY). Be back Thursday.
--------