AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: When it Rains it Pours DATE: 12:55:00 PM ----- BODY:
In fact, I'm wondering if it's March or May here in Sacramento. Usually by this time it's in the 80's, but it has been cold and raining for several days now. The Good As I already related in a previous post, we re-fi'd our house and not only are we getting new windows and cetral heat/air, we're getting a trip to Hawaii out of it too! Graeme and I were once young and care-free living in the balmy climes of Hawaii. Twenty years ago in July we were married in Honolulu and shortly thereafter, left the islands to begin our new life together. Now, with two kids (teenagers) in tow, we're returning to where it all began. Ten glorious days in paradise - unfortunately I have to wait two months before we embark on the trip. I could really use the vacation now, as you'll read below. For Mother's Day, the husband and kids got me Scarf Style and a fabulous knit bag. I also indulged in a little Mother's Day (justification) yarn buying of some beautiful and unique homespun from TookNap Press. The Bad There's a lot of miscellaneous crap going on here. I've been having some major medical issues going on and of course the choice to discontinue Celexa didn't help matters either. Anyway, I'm now chronically fatigued, severly anemic and ready to pass out at any moment. On Friday my doctor recommended I go on a short medical leave, "you need rest," is what she said. Well, stupidly, I refused, saying I couldn't take time off work because of critical projects I'm working on. After being unable to remember my assistant's name and making some dumb mistakes, I'm reconsidering her recommendation. Knitting and blogging have been a very important part of my life over the last two years. I love the knit-blog world and the relationships and inspiration I have gleaned have been priceless. There are hundreds and talented knit bloggers out there with wonderful writing styles, wit, and fiber talent. I feel privileged to peek into their worlds daily. Looking back in my archives, I saw that this was once a fun and innovative blog. I can almost see my deterioration through the quality of the posts. Lately I've been making half-hearted attempts at blogging, but my heart isn't in it. I NEED A BREAK. I hoped it would never have to come to this, but Knitti-me is going on hiatus. I'lll probably still click around to see what you all are up to, but things will be pretty silent here. I'm looking forward to the day I'll be able to put effort and heart back into my blogging; hopefully, that day will not be in the too distant future. In the meantime, I'll knit on.
--------