AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: Trains and such DATE: 12:16:00 PM ----- BODY:
Well, I'm finally home after spending five days at my sister's home. I was planning on blogging while there and knitting and scanning old photos - but the best laid plans and all that... Instead I was treated to first class meals, a manicure, a movie, good conversation and even better wine. Anyway, I left from the Sacramento train depot, which is a grand old building. I've always wondered why train stations were built on such a grand scale back in the day; cavernous, but beautiful to be sure. There is a large mural across one end of the building of which this photo is just a third. And rather substantial benches. I did get some knitting done on the three hour train ride. That is some wonderful wool from eBay seller Serendipity in South America that I'm knitting up into a Flap Dash bag. Tomorrow - the button bonanza!
--------