AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: OK, for lack of knitting or other craft-oriented topics... DATE: 5:11:00 PM ----- BODY:
...here is another lame game. Go to Google.com and type in "{your name} needs" and see what you come up with, then post the 10 best. I found mine were very self-help oriented (except for that pregnancy thing), here they are: Marie needs the smallest number of servings from each food group. Yup, got to get working on that poundage. Marie needs to be admitted a number of times for specific procedures. Been there, done that this year. Marie needs is a complete psychiatric evaluation, followed by ongoing psychotherapy and possibly, medication. Yeah, don't we all. Marie needs to relocate and keep her pregnancy confidential from both her family and employer. Whaaaat? Marie needs to get on with her life. That needs to be my theme song. Marie needs to set her sights on the real goal. So true, I need to focus on what is really important in my life and cut through all the other crap that has me pinned down. Marie needs the shape up or ship out action. I'll take this as I need to exercise more. Marie needs help and will not get it until something drastic occurs. I hope it won't come to this. Things need to change around here, but I hope I'm taking the right steps. Marie needs answers but are they the answers she wants to hear? I hope I'm open to what needs to be done to make positive changes. Marie needs a rest now. All this self-improvement is wearing me out! ~~~ It's kind of scary to realize that most of the Google "Marie needs" hits spoke to where I am in my life right now. I know we're not quite to the New Year, but we're getting pretty darn close to my birthday and it's that time again for reflection and evaluation. This has been one of the most difficult years of my life. Last December I turned 40 and I was determined to make this year mine; loose weight, excel in my job, organize my house, really connect with my kids, deepen my relationship with my husband, etc. Well, as most of you know, that was not how the year went. The most traumatic issue for me was that my health took a downward spiral. Many of you know that when you're in pain or your body isn't feeling right it colors the rest of your world. Well, I've had the surgery, still seeing the doc for the other extraneous problems, so (I think/hope) I'm on the upward swing health-wise - eventhough I still feel like crap most of the time. Last Sunday at church we had a really inspirational guest speaker who talked about passion. I have lost my passion - for life, for work, for ministry, for family - the desire is there, I just need to reach down and find the zest again. Major life-changing decisions need to be made. Will Knitti-me find her zeal again? Stay tuned...
--------