AUTHOR: Knitti-me TITLE: Party Bracelet and the Landfill DATE: 7:58:00 AM ----- BODY:
First up, I finished my multi-fringed party bracelet. Woo Hoo! I love this bracelet, it is so fun with lots of little treasures beaded up in the fringe.

It is definitely a very labor-intensive and time consuming piece of jewelry, but well worth the effort. I'm going to be making one for my sister as a Christmas gift, so I'll do a little tutorial. ~~~ I have made mention several times about my "two-car storage unit" or the "landfill known as my garage." This chaos has been hanging over my and my husband's head for years. Well, over a couple of weekends we did a HUGE purge and made great progress in finally organizing the garage.

Here's what we started with. This is just the front; what you saw when the door was up. That mass of junk extended all the way back, with little or no room to walk.

We pulled everything out and began the purge. We put a pile out in the street to schedule a pick up by our sanitation company, 10' long x 7' wide x 4' high, but I'm sure it far exceeded those parameters. Then we filled up a huge trailer that went off to the dump. At the end of the day Saturday, this is what we ended up with. We went to Home Depot and stocked up on Rubbermaid containers, so now the organizing begins. Remember last Christmas when I couldn't even be bothered to put up our tree? Now, you can see why it was so disheartening to try and wade through all that crap just to find ornaments and lights. ~~~ From the Animal Archives~ Ally's looking a bit apprehensive, but Oliver is settling right in. P.S., I've turned the comments back on. Hopefully, those spammers will keep off my blog.
--------